There are several methods for closing widgets.
Widgets are normally closed through their context menu.
- Right-click (or Control-click on Mac) on the Widget.
- Select "Close Widget".
Widgets that cannot be seen cannot be clicked on. To close these Widgets, you must know their name.
- Windows: Click on the Konfabulator tray/statusbar icon to get the Konfabulator menu.
Mac: Click the Gear icon in the menu bar.
- Hold down the Control key and select the Widget you want to close.
- This technique can also be used to forcibly quit a Widget that won't seem to otherwise close.
On a Mac, you can "kill" a Widget using the Activity Monitor found in your Utilities folder.
- Open the utilities monitor.
- Select the Widget you want to close.
- Click on the "Quit Process" button at the top of the window.
- Click on "Force Quit".
On Windows, you can also "kill" a Widget using the Windows Task Manager.
- Open the task manager.
- Either right click on the START bar and select Task Manager, or use the hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- In the Applications pane, select the Widget, if the name of the widget is "Weather," the Task name to look for will be "Konfabulator-Weather."
- Click on End Task (hotkey: Alt+E).
- Select OK to any additional prompts.